The American Surgeon: Online Access Instructions
Members and Individual Subscribers
Personal Registration Instructions
As of January 1, 2014, The American Surgeon is on-line only. In order to access the Journal on-line, there are several steps you must take, it you have not done so previously.
Go to ingentaconnect.com/register/personal and click on "sign up here."
Enter your information in the fields provided.
Your user name is your e-mail address
Choose a password (must be at least 5 characters)
Click on "register"
You will receive an e-mails from Ingenta thanking you for registering on Ingenta Connect. In the body of the e-mail, click on "Activating Personal subscriptions" link to sign up for The American Surgeon.
If, for some reason, there is a problem with your registration, an automatic e-mail will be sent to the Congress from Ingenta and we will correct the problem or contact you if there is a situation. Please note that if your dues are not current, you will not be given access to the online Journal. If you are not sure if your dues are current, please contract the office via e-mail, email@example.com and we will assist you.
After registering, and you would like to receive a monthly e-mail notifying you that the current months journal is online with links to the articles, go to www.ingentaconnect.com/content/sesc.tas. When the screen comes up, on the right side of the screen, click "Activate personal subscription."
Following this, you will only have to 'sign in' with your username/password when returning to 'Ingentaconnect.com'.
Step 2] Ingentaconnect handles more than 16,000 publications.
You can set up your person subscription choices by clicking on ‘personal subscriptions’, and then selecting the ‘Add’ tab.
- search for the journal title(s) you subscribe to
- enter in your publisher subscription or member number, tick next to the journal title, and then press ‘ add’
You will then receive a confirmation message that your request has been received. An e-mail will then be sent out when access has been set up.
These are the simple instructions for institutional subscribers.
In order to register and activate your journal subscriptions please go to ingentaconnect.com/register/institutional and click on ‘sign up here’.
The whole process involves 5 simple steps and should take you no more than 5 minutes. Please have ready the following information:
- As administrator, your basic contact details
- Your library/institution's name and address
- If articles are to be received via fax or Ariel, a default fax number or the IP number of your Ariel machine (optional).
- User name and password.
- Step 1 – Institutional and administrator contact details
- Step 2 – Authentication
- Step 3 – Article delivery information
- Step 4 – Admin sign in
- Step 5 – Confirmation of Registration
The confirmation screen will provide you with your Ingenta customer ID number. Please provide this number whenever you contact Ingenta as this will allow us to bring up your registration details immediately.
If you cannot gain access...
Claim Instructions for Ingenta
If you can not access THE AMERICAN SURGEON please file a claim with Ingenta following these steps:
- Step 1 – Sign in with your ingentaconnect username and password and select Activating Personal Subscriptions found in the center of the screen, or under My Account in the right hand menu
- Step 2 – Choose the Add tab
- Step 3 – Click on the Letter S under the Publisher name section
- Step 4 – Select Southeastern Surgical Congress
- Step 5 – Place a check mark next to the title The American Surgeon
- Step 6 – Enter your subscription number in the box provided to the right of the title. Online access will only be granted with a valid publisher membership / subscription number. If you do not have this information please contact your agent for non-member subscriptions. Members may contact the office for their member number.
- Step 7 – At the bottom of the list click Add - your request will be processed within 24 hours and a confirmatory email sent to the address as listed in your ingentaconnect profile.