The American Surgeon: Advertising Rates and Data
For Advertising Rates & Material contact the Southeastern Surgical Congress, 115 Samaritan Drive, #200, Cumming, GA 30040.
- Frequency: Monthly.
- Issue Date: 1st of month.
- Mailing Date is 1st of month of publication. Publication is mailed second class in poly bags.
- ESTABLISHED: 1932
- ORGANIZATION AFFILIATION:
Official publication of the Southeastern Surgical Congress and the Southern California Chapter of the American College of Surgeons.
- SUBSCRIPTION DATA:
U.S.: $275 individual; $395 institutional.
Foreign: $275 individual; $395 institutional. Add $45 for shipping/postage.
Contact Customer Service Department, Southeastern Surgical Congress, 115 Samaritan Drive, #200, Cumming, GA 30040; Tel: 1-800/558-8958, 678/965-2422, or FAX 678/965-2278.
Forum for the publication of original manuscripts contributing to the practice of surgery. Focus on all aspects of management of surgical patients, including advances in surgical research.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF NEW PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS FOR ADVERTISING:
All new advertising must be approved by an advertising committee appointed by the editor, and copy should be sent in duplicate to: The American Surgeon, 115 Samaritan Drive, #200, Cumming, GA 30040.
- POLICY ON PLACEMENT OF ADVERTISING:
Full pages only in front form — full and fractional pages in back form.
- EDITORIAL – ADVERTISING RATIO:
Editorial 95%, Advertising 5%.
- SERVICE TO ADVERTISERS:
- Reprints: All orders for reprints must be submitted before issue goes to press, request order forms from the Atlanta office.
- Permission to use material: all requests for use of editorial material must be submitted in writing. Contact: J. David Richardson, M.D., Dept of Surgery, University of Louisville, 550 South Jackson Street, 2nd Floor ACB, Louisville, KY 40202. Fax: 502/852-5452.
Editor-in-Chief: J. David Richardson, M.D., 502/852-5452; FAX: 502/852-8915.
Editorial Assistant: Jessica Roseberry, 502/852-8823; FAX: 502/852-8915
Publisher: Bobbie Jo Moore, 1-800-558-8958 or 678/965-2422; FAX 678/965-2278.
- CIRCULATION: 3,250
- CIRCULATION VERIFICATION: Circulation is approximate as stated above. Circulation is based on current subscription and association membership.
- Surgeons, surgical residents, and physicians interested in all branches of surgery.
- Breakdown of Circulation by Classification of Reader: 2,600 members of the Southeastern Surgical Congress, and the Southern California Chapter of the American College of Surgeons.
- 650 individual subscriptions, medical libraries, and organizations.
- CLOSING DATES FOR SPACE:
- Reservations: 1st of month preceding month of issue.
- Cancellations: No cancellations will be accepted after closing date.
- RATES: (Effective January 2005) (Black & White Rates)
Ad Size Number of Insertions 1X 6X 12X Full Page $1,000 $900 $800 1/2 Page $800 $700 $600 1/4 Page $600 $500 $400
;(Minimum charge for new composition in pub-set ads: 10% of earned rate. Classified advertising is available. Call 800-558-8958
- AGENCY COMMISSION: 15%
- CASH DISCOUNT: 2%, 10 days
Color Per Page Price 2-Color $1000 3-Color $1500 4-Color Process $2000
- BLEED: No charge (must be at least 1/8" overlap all around).
- 2-page insert: 3 times black and white page rate.
- 4-page insert: 5 times black and white page rate.
- Different units: Contact Publisher
- COVER AND PREFERRED POSITION RATES:
- 2nd cover: 30% premium.
- 3rd cover: 20% premium.
- 4th cover: 50% premium.
- Cancellation policy: Positions non-cancelable for contract period.
- PAGE SIZES:
Page Size Dimensions Full Page 7" x 10" 1/2 Page (Horizontal) 7" x 4 - 7/8" 1/2 Page (Vertical) 3 - 3/8" x 10" 1/4 Page Width x Depth 3 - 3/8" x 4 - 7/8"
- BLEED SIZES:
- Full page: 8 - 3/8 x 11 - 1/8. This includes 1/8" trim from outside, bottom, top and gutter. Half-page (horizontal): 8 - 3/8 x 5 - 3/8. Half-page (vertical): 4 1/2 x 11 - 1/8.
- Trim size: 8 - 1/8 x 10 - 7/8.
- INSERT REQUIREMENTS:
- This includes 1/8" trim, outside edges and gutter. Multiple page inserts supplied folded. Inserts requiring back up supplied flat. Business Reply Cards: Minimum size: 4 1/2" x 6". Must be 3/8" from perforation to binding edge. Allow 1/8" head & gutter trim. Jogs to the top. Minimum card stock: .007 (hi-bulk). Business Reply Cards must meet USPS regulations.
- Keep live matter at least 1/2" from trim.
- A Sample of the insert or BRC must be submitted to the production department for approval.
- Stockweight: Maximum for single leaf - - 100 lb., for multiple leaf - - 80 lb.
- Quantity: Contact Advertising & Marketing Staff.
- Carton packing preferred - quantity, publication and issue must be marked on outside of carton.
- PAPER STOCK:
- Inside Pages: 50 lb. coated.
- Covers 80 lb. enamel.
- TYPE OF BINDING: Perfect.
- REPRODUCTION REQUIREMENTS:
Halftone screen: 133-150
Printed: Offset, sheet-fed
Preferred materials: Negatives, right reading, emulsion side down. Color ads must be accompanied by color proofs.
- CLOSING DATES:
- Preferred materials: 1st of month preceding month of issue.
- Inserts: 10th of month preceding date of issues.
- DISPOSITION OF REPRODUCTION MATERIALS:
Material will be held one year from date of last insertion and then destroyed unless specifically instructed otherwise. Excess inserts will not be held after binding, unless requested in writing.
- Contracts and Insertion Orders: The American Surgeon, 115 Samaritan Drive, #200, Cumming, GA 30040. (800)558-8958.
- All Printing Material and Inserts: Pack as specified and ship to THE AMERICAN SURGEON, Sheridan Press, 450 Fame Avenue, Hanover, PA 17331. 800/352-2210 or 717/632-3535. FAX 717/633-8900.